Six Dead Bodies – Oh no not that again

Myth after myth is being wheeled out in order to support the theory that the parents of Madeleine McCann were responsible for happened to their daughter.  This is being  carried out by a group of people in order to convince others that the McCanns are complicit in what happened and, are with the aid of others, behind one  massive cover-up.

Yes a cover-up that includes practically the whole wide world, the Moon and Mars except this group of people.  A group who like to call themselves the “truth-seekers”.  Truth-seekers my ass.

One of those myths that is wheeled out on a regular basis is the one where Kate McCann was supposed to have told the Police that the reason for the smell of death on her clothes was because she attended to 6 patients who died prior to going on holiday.  Wrong, no such thing was said by Kate McCann to any Police officer.

Jayelles of Stop the Myths has explained this excellently in her rebuttal.

You only have to read her rebuttal with regards to question 30, to see this is nothing but a Myth and it is not even in the files. (Jayelles rebuttal to Question 30)

dead-bodies-prior-to-going-on-holidayClick on Image to Enlarge

Kate McCann was interviewed on the 4th May 2007 @ 2.20 pm  in which she said the following:

On the subject of the proceedings:

The interviewee was heard as a victim, being the mother of the minor. Of British nationality, she has no command of the Portuguese language, spoken or written. Thus, the interview was done in the presence of an interpreter: Natalia C.F. de A. The interviewee says she has been married to Gerald since December 1998. She has never been to Portugal before. The trip came at the suggestion of friends, who convinced them, at the end of last year, to spend their holiday in Portugal. The trip was organised by David Payne, who made the Praia da Luz Ocean Club reservation on the Internet for the interviewee and her husband, as well as for the rest of the group, a total of 9 adults and eight children, including her daughter Madeleine. She has known some members of the group since the year 2000 and others for a year. She was a colleague of David’s wife.

They travelled in two separate groups. One of the groups was composed of the interviewee, her husband Gerald, their three children, David and his wife, the mother-in-law and their two children. One of the groups left from Leicestershire and the other from London.

The meeting point was the Ocean Club where the interviewee’s group arrived on Saturday April 28th at around 3pm from Faro airport in an airport mini bus. The other group arrived on the same day, late morning.

After checking in, the interviewee and her family were placed in apartment G5A. The nuclear family comprises the interviewee, her husband, her daughter Madeleine and twins, Sean and Amelie, aged 2 years.
The apartment has two beds in one bedroom, and two in another where there are also two cots on loan from the Ocean Club.

The interviewee and her husband sleep in one bedroom and the three children in the other. The twins sleep in cots, Madeleine in a normal bed, the other bed staying empty.

Between the day of the arrival, April 28th, and the time that Madeleine’s disappearance was discovered, the interviewee says that she noticed nothing unusual. She reports only one episode where, on the morning of Thursday May 3rd, Madeleine asked the interviewee why she had not come to look in the bedroom when the twins were crying. The interviewee states that she had heard nothing and had therefore not gone into the bedroom. She thought her daughter’s comment strange because it was the first time she had talked about it.

The routines

The day after their arrival, they went for breakfast at around 7.30/8.30 at the Ocean Club, in a bar situated some distance from the apartment. On the following days, because the bar was quite far away, they started buying supplies from the “BAPTISTE” supermarket, located on the same road as the apartment and they had their first meal of the day in the apartment.

After breakfast, at around 9/9.30am, the children went to the club called the “KIDS CLUB” where they did various activities such as painting, collage etc. They stayed there until around 12.30pm, constantly supervised by several Ocean Club employees in a ratio of three children to one employee. Within the “Kids Club” because of the difference in ages, the twins were in one group and Madeleine in another, with separate activities.

At 12.30pm, the parents would collect their children and have lunch in their apartment since they have provisions. After lunch, at around 1.30pm, the children spend time close to the club’s swimming pool, supervised by the parents, for about 45 minutes, where they play and have sun cream applied. After this time, they take the children to the “Kids Club” until around 5/5.30pm, the time when the children eat in a bar under the watchful gaze of the parents. After the 5pm dinner, they give the children a bath, prepare them for the night and let them play for a while in a playground next to the tennis courts, still and always under parental supervision. At around 8pm, the children are put to bed until the following morning when the described routines start all over again. While the children are at the “Kids Club,” the interviewee played tennis with her husband, went for walks, read or went “Jogging.”

Thursday May 3rd 2007
Yesterday, after the daily routine, Madeleine and the twins went to bed at around 7.30. They were in their respective beds. The interviewee and her husband stayed in their apartment to relax until 8.30pm. She took a bath, did her make-up and drank a glass of New Zealand wine with her husband. Just after 8.30pm, the interviewee and her husband, after checking on their children, joined the other adults of the group at the “TAPAS” restaurant, about 50 metres away, where they had dinner. As usual, every half hour, and given that the building is very close, the interviewee and her husband went to make sure the children were OK. Thus, at around 9pm, her husband went to the apartment to make sure the twins, as well as Madeleine, were OK, then he went back to the restaurant. Her husband said that the children were doing well and that he had bumped into the person with whom he had played tennis, a person who has two children. At the same time, one of the group of friends, Russell, went to see his children, without checking on the interviewee’s children.

Around 9.30pm was the time the interviewee should have gone to see her children, but her friend Matt (a member of the group) had just done a check in his apartment then gone to the interviewee’s. He had entered the apartment by a glass sliding side door, that was always unlocked and once inside had not gone into the children’s bedroom. He only looked through the door, and did not hear any noise. He went back to the restaurant and said that everything was fine.

At around 10pm, the interviewee went to check on the children. She went into the apartment by the side door, which was closed but not locked, as she said before. She noticed that the door to her children’s bedroom was completely open, the window was also open, the shutters raised and the curtains open, while she was certain of having closed them all as she always did.

Faced with this situation,she verified that the twins were in their respective beds, unlike Madeleine, who had disappeared. The cover was pulled back and the toys were on the pillow as usual. After searching the whole apartment thoroughly, the interviewee went back, scared and shocked, to the restaurant, to alert her husband and the others to the disappearance. The whole group then set about searching for Madeleine throughout the complex, looked in all the buildings, swimming pool, tennis courts etc….as well as in the apartment with the help of employees, who, at the same time, contacted the authorities.

Later, a member of the group, Russell’s partner Jane, when she went to her apartment to see her children at around 9.15pm, saw from the back [rear] about 50 metres away, on the perimeter road of the club, a long-haired person, in what she thinks were jeans, with a child in his arms and walking very quickly. But she is better able to tell you about that herself.

Comment:(from AnnaEsse.) are a couple of words missing from this last paragraph’ Should it read, “Later, Jane…..said she saw…”‘ Or is there another way I can translate, “Plus tard,” in that context’

Concerning Madeleine, she is Caucasian, white, aged four years (12/05/2003) about 90cm tall. Very slim, dark blond hair; shoulder-length. Left eye blue-green same as the right, which has a brown spot. She has a small brown spot on the skin of her left leg as well as sunburn on her right forearm. She has no scars. At the time of her disappearance, she was wearing pyjamas with white bottoms with a floral pattern. The short-sleeved top, mainly pink with a blue-grey figure of a donkey bearing the inscription, “EEYORE,” an inscription which is also on one of the trouser legs. The pyjamas are “Marks and Spencer” brand.

Concerning the child’s personality, she is extrovert, very active, talkative, smart and relates to other children with great ease. But she would never go with a stranger. She has no suspicions to talk about, finds no reason for this act, neither she nor her husband has enemies. She states that her daughter has no illnesses and is not on any medication.

Following a request from the inspector, she authorises a reading of the calls on her mobile phone. Apart from the Kids Club and the apartment, they only went once to the beach with Madeleine and the other children and only for a very short period of time, since the weather was changeable. They could only go to the beach between 1.30 and 3pm, the time when they went back to the club. At the beach, they only ate an ice cream then they went back to the apartment. Apart from that, on the Wednesday or Thursday, Madeleine and the other children went sailing at the beach five minutes on foot from the club, for an hour, organised by the resort itself. The supervision and planning were the responsibility of the club. The interviewee and her husband were not present. She never noticed any strange behaviour during these recent days which could explain the disappearance. After having been shown the list of the Ocean Club’s guests, she says she only knows the names of those of the group. Other than the child, nothing else has disappeared, neither clothes nor the child’s jewellery. (‘ parures’) The interviewee did not have an intercom, unlike David and Fiona Payne who were able to hear crying or any kind of noise. She has nothing else to add. After having read the deed, she confirms it, ratifies it and signs it with the interpreter.

Kate was also due to be interviewed on the 10th May 2007, but she was not interviewed and Alan Pike asked for her interview to be suspended for a couple of days due to her emotional state.  She says in her book:

I sat in the waiting area for eight hours before I was told that it was now too late for me to be interviewed and I should go home and come back the next day.

She then goes on to explain:

Alan Pike was concerned about my wellbeing and asked for my rescheduled interview to be postponed for a few days.  The PJ couldn’t have considered it all that important: it was 6 September before I was interviewed again.

She also tells of an “informal” meeting on the 8th August 2007  in which they tried to make them confess, she states:

If we’d wondered about the change of venue for our regular informal meeting, the reason for it soon became clear: this wasn’t our regular informal meeting.  We were taken to an upstairs room at the police station were we were greeted by Luís Neves and Guilhermino Encarnção.  Our interpreter this time was a police officer, not Proconsul Angela Morado, as was usually the case.  The whole demeanour of Neves and Encarnção was different. They looked serious and cold.

Kate then goes on how they kept pushing her and pushing and how frightened she was and how alone she was and how she wanted Gerry, who by the way was made to leave the room. She tells of how she felt bullied by what they were saying and how she felt they wanted her to confess to a crime she did not commit.

She then tells how it was Gerry’s turn next and even though Gerry was calmer, it still upset him and had shaken him, to the point where he was in tears pleading with these two men if they had evidence that their daughter was dead.

If you go through the files, there is NO recollection of these ‘informal’ meetings anywhere. The questions that Kate and Gerry McCann were being asked on the 8th August 2007 were incriminating and they should have been asked under the status of Kate and Gerry being argudios.  They were not.

There is no record of any witness statements referring to these meetings in the Police files either.

Kate McCanns next interview was on the 6th September 2007 where she stated this:

(from DVD)

September 6/2007 3pm at Portimao

Of British nationality, cannot speak or write Portuguese, therefore an interpreter is present taken from a list provided by the Consulate, ADSR.
Also present Carlos Pinto de Abreu, attorney.
KMH confirms all of what was stated before the Policy on May 4, 2007, the day following the events under investigation.

When asked about May 1, 2007 (holiday), she says that on that day they left the apartment around 8:30PM, the same time that was repeated every night. This time was marked at the restaurant as the beginning of dinner, except Saturday, arrival day, when they had dinner at the Millenium. On this day, May 1, the children were asleep, as she put them to bed around 7:15/7:30 and was sure they were sleeping.

They arrived at the Tapas around 8:31, taking the direct route, i.e. left by the veranda door, went down to the road and entered the secondary reception of the complex. As they left by the veranda door, this door remained closed but not locked, as this is only possible from the inside. The curtains were closed.

When they arrived at the Tapas, she thinks that nobody from the group was there, but is not sure.

During dinner, every half hour they went to the apartment to check on the children. This was done by KM and Gerry. Does not remember if on this night any of their friends went to the apartment. States that Russell was not present during dinner, so his wife Jane, or somebody took him dinner to the flat. The reason for his absence was that their youngest daughter was sick.

Finished dinner around 11 PM, and together with Gerry, left for the apartment.

She thinks they went to the flat four times: Gerry twice and she twice. Approx. 9, 9:30, 10, and 10:30PM.

When asked about the fact her daughter had been crying on the night of the Tuesday for one hour and 15 minutes, between 10:30 and 11:45, she says it is not true. She says that on that night, after midnight, Madeleine went to their room and said that her sister Amelie was crying, and sleep with her and Gerry in their room. She says that before Madeleine appeared in their room, she had already heard Amelie crying, however she did not go to the room, as Madeleine went to the room almost at the same time she head the crying. She does not remember if afterwards she or Gerry went to the childrens’ room, however she states that Amelie cried for a short time.

She says that on that night the twins slept in the room where Madeleine slept, each in their own crib.

Regarding the layout of the apartment, she says that on the first day the moved the furniture: they moved the two cribs out of their room and put them in another, where the children were to sleep; they separated the two twin beds in this room. They also joined the two single beds that were in their room. She presumes that the cribs, when in their room, remained at the foot of the beds.

She also says that when she arrived there weren’t two but three cribs in the same place, one was lent to the Payne family.

When shown a diagram of the room (attached), she said the cribs were located at point A, chair B at point C, and the cribs in Madeleine’s room were placed horizontally.

Regarding cleaning, this was provided by the complex on Mondays and Wednesdays. This was never modified, and it is not true that a crib was in her room or in a room other than Madeleine’s.

She also says that after the day they arrived, April 28, this was the layout of the furniture and this was not altered during the forthcoming days.

When asked if she ever slept in Madeleine’s room, she says that this happened on the Wednesday, because she was annoyed with Gerry. He ignored her after dinner when they went to the Tapas bar, which only happened that day. She decided to retaliate by sleeping in the other room, in the bed next to the window. She doesn’t know if Gerry realized this because he was sleeping when she left, and if in fact her husband was aware of this, he made no comment.

Regarding this night she says that none of the children cried, she would have noticed as she was in the room. Regarding the fact that Madeleine on the next morning, Thursday, during breakfast said to both of them that she had been crying and that nobody had come to her room, she presumes that this crying must have been before she and Gerry returned to the apartment. When she asked Madeleine about this however, the child gave no importance to the matter. On this night they also checked on the children every half hour; however she thinks that 45 minutes had gone by from the time of the last check to when they arrived, as exceptionally they went to the Tapas bar. On this day she thinks that Gerry arrived at the apartment around 23:50 and she arrived 5 minutes afterwards. She went to sleep in Madeleine’s room 15/20 minutes afterwards. Before this she spent a few minutes in her bed next to Gerry’s.

From reading her previous statement, mainly lines 34-40 it can be understood that on the Wednesday night she slept in the couple’s bedroom, but that did not happen since she slept in Madeleine’s room.

When asked if Madeleine slept in their room, she says yes, as mentioned, on the Tuesday night.

When asked about the schedule of her children she says that in England Madeleine slept in a room by herself and the twins slept in another room. At home the twins go to bed between 7 and 7.30 PM, Madeleine half an hour later. During the holidays, the three children went to bed at 7:30PM. She says that during the holidays it is relatively easy to put the three children to sleep when they had not slept during the day and were tired after the day’s activities. When on holiday the twins and Madeleine went to sleep at the same time. They never went out to eat unless the three were actually asleep. Normally when they left the apartment the three children had been asleep close to 1 hour. With the exception of what has been described above, during the holidays, she does not remember if any of the children was awake during the night. However, in England Madeleine sometimes woke up during the night, around 2 ‘ 2:30 AM and went to her parents. During holidays it was normal for the children to be awake by 7:30/8:00, in England, at home, they would normally wake between 7 and 7:30 AM.

Regarding a British custom of having a behaviour chart for the children, she says that she has several notes about Madeleine because with some regularity she gets up during the night. This situation was reported from April 2006 up to her birthday that same year, when she stopped having this problem. These notes correspond to the stars given on the nights Madeleine did not get up and go to her parents’ room. When she had 20 stars she got a present and if she woke up at night and did not stay in her bed, she did not get a star.

During these holidays Madeleine usually slept clutching a soft toy, a pink cat, and sometimes wrapped in a pink blanket. Sometimes she slept on top of the bedcover and at other times was covered with it. When shown a photo of Madeleine’s room and bed, she recognizes the soft toy and the blanket of the same colour.

The interview was stopped at 5PM for a rest period, to be recommenced at 5:15 PM.

On May 3 they all woke between 7;30 and 8:00 AM; doesn’t know who woke first. They washed the children and had breakfast at the apartment between 08:00 and 08:30 AM. Food bought by her and Gerry at Baptista supermarket. Previously they’d had breakfast at the Millenium, but as it was so far they’d decided to have breakfast at the apartment. During breakfast the ‘crying episode’, already described, took place. She noticed a stain, supposedly of tea, on Madeleine’s pyjama top, which she washed a little later that same morning. She hung it to dry on a small stand, and it was dry by the afternoon. Madeleine sometimes drank tea; the stain did not appear during breakfast, maybe it happened another day, as Madeleine did not have tea the previous night and the stain was dry.

After breakfast they got dressed and left the apartment by the main door. All children went walking. The veranda door was closed and locked; she doesn’t know whether the main door was locked or unlocked.

After leaving the apartment they left the twins at the creche next to the Tapas; at the same time she supposes that Gerry took Madeleine to the creche next to the 24-hour reception area.

Once the children had been delivered, they went to the tennis courts for a scheduled tennis lesson. Kate’s group lesson was at 9:15, Gerry’s an hour later. She doesn’t know what Gerry did during that free hour; she presumes he went to the apartment. When her lesson ended at 10:15, she went to the recreation area next to the swimming pool to talk to Russell until Gerry’s lesson was over. Afterwards, she is not sure, they went back together to the apartment until close to 12:15 when she went to Madeleine’s creche to pick her up, together with Fiona Payne. She signed the register and went to the twins’ creche with the intention of picking them up, she thought she would meet Gerry there, not knowing if he already had the twins with him. Together with the three children they went to the apartment for lunch, with food bought at the supermarket. This would be around 12:35/12:40. They ate sandwiches, mainly she and Gerry, and the children maybe ate pasta. Lunch lasted around 20 minutes. After finishing lunch they stayed for a while at the apartment, then they went to the recreation area next to the pool, as the children were somewhat restless, maybe tired or bored. They remained at this area an hour, maybe more, then they left the twins at the creche next to the Tapas and both of them took Madeleine to the other creche. They went via a path in front of the small reception and then through gardens and stairs, taking a short cut. This route was the one mentioned by Gerry.

After leaving Madeleine around 2:50 PM, they both had, this one time, an individual tennis lesson just for the two of them, and as the court was empty, they began hitting some b*lls until it was time for their lesson.

She doesn’t remember if they were wearing appropriate clothes or if they went to the apartment to change.

The lesson ended an hour afterwards, close to 4:30PM. Gerry continued playing tennis with a guest called Jxxxxn who belonged to his tennis group, while she went for a jog along the beach, for around half an hour. She saw the others of the group, children and grownups; she was disappointed as nobody had told her they were going to the beach and Madeleine would have loved to have gone with them. She cannot confirm whether she went to the apartment between the tennis game and the jog.

When she finished jogging, around 5:20/5:30PM she went to the Tapas area. Gerry was there, as well as the twins and Madeleine who were eating at separate tables. Madeleine had been taken to the Tapas by the nannies. Her parents were required to sign the register when the meal was over. During the meal Kate asked Madeleine if she was sad because the other children in the group had gone to the beach without her: she replied that she wasn’t, but was rather tired. She asked Kate to carry her back to the apartment. Kate agreed, and Gerry led the twins back to the apartment. Tiredness was due to the intense daily activities, not to any sickness.

They arrived at the apartment around 5:40PM, earlier than usual, because Madeleine was tired, their other friends were at the beach and Gerry had an all-male tennis game at 6:00PM. At the flat they both bathed the children, and close to 6:00PM Gerry went to the tennis courts, soon after the children had finished their bath. They entered the apartment by the main door, with the key. She does not know if it was locked, and presumes it was Gerry who opened it. At lunch time they also entered by the same door.

After the children’s bath, already alone, she put pyjamas and nappies on the twins, gave them each a glass of milk and biscuits. Before bathing the children and because it was early, they had thought of taking them to the recreation area, but then decided against this because of tiredness.

While the children were eating and looking at some books, Kate had a shower which lasted around 5 minutes. After showering, at around 6:30/6:40PM and while she was getting dry, she heard somebody knocking at the veranda door. She wrapped herself in a towel and went to see who it was. This door was closed but not locked as Gerry had left by this door. She confirmed it was David Payne, because he called out and had opened the door slightly. David’s visit was to help her to take the children to the recreation area. When David returned from the beach he was with Gerry at the tennis courts, and it was Gerry who asked him to help Kate with taking the children to the recreation area, which had been arranged but did not take place. David was at the apartment for around 30 seconds, he didn’t actually enter the flat, he remained at the veranda door. According to her he then left for the tennis courts where Gerry was. The time was around 6:30-6:40PM.

After David left, Kate dressed and sat with the children, Madeleine on her lap. She was wearing a top, she doesn’t remember what colour it was, a green long-sleeved t-shirt, blue denim pants. Trainers (tennis shoes) and white socks.

She read a story to the children in the living room, on the sofa in front of the door to the veranda, identified on the diagram with the letter D. At 7:00 PM Gerry arrived and entered via the veranda door. He sat on the sofa identified with letter E. Doesn’t know if the story was finished, but thinks she was sitting on the sofa.

She doesn’t remember having changed the layout of the furniture in the living room, the sofas, the table or others. She says that the sofa (letter E) supposedly was against the side window, because she doesn’t remember anyone having gone behind it. She does not know if this window was open or closed, she does not remember it ever being open, or of it being watched.

After Gerry arrived the children went to wash their teeth and she then read them another story, this time all four of them sitting on Madeleine’s bed. She thinks that Gerry entered the room, but does not recall him sitting on the bed. During the story Madeleine was lying on the pillow, alert and paying attention to the story. After both twins kissed Madeleine, she thinks that Gerry was in the room, and each (Kate and Gerry) placed a twin in its crib at the same time, between Madeleine’s bed and the bed next to the window. They also kissed Madeleine, who was lying down. She was under the covers, she thinks because she was a bit cold. She normally clutched the soft toy and if she wasn’t holding it then it was next to her, on the left. She remained lying down on her left side, with the soft toy and a pink blanket, to cover her. The twins were laid down on their backs, covered with open weave blankets. She says that she doesn’t know if the children were in the same positions when they left the apartment.

It was around 7:15PM when they put the children to bed and checked they were sleeping, she says she is sure of this.

As the children were asleep, she dried her hair and put on make up. Gerry maybe had a shower and they sat on one of the sofas in the living room, she doesn’t know which. She had a glass of wine, poured by Gerry, and he had wine or beer. The wine was from New Zealand, white.

Gerry was wearing blue denim trousers and trainers (tennis shoes). She doesn’t remember what else he was wearing.

They talked while they drank. Around 8:30-8:35 they left for the Tapas restaurant. Before leaving they checked on the children, she doesn’t know who; however Gerry says it was him. She only knows the children were quiet. She doesn’t know if they were in their same positions. She says she is sure that they were asleep, because Gerry told her all was quiet.

They left by the veranda door, which they left closed but not locked. Main door was closed but not locked. She thinks it could be opened from the inside but not from the outside. She thinks she was wearing a cream coloured polar fleece with a zip, and on top a blue raincoat also with a zip. As regards Gerry, she doesn’t know if he was wearing other items of clothing.

With respect to the objects she says they took with them: their mobile phones. Gerry might have taken a wallet with money. Not sure if they took a camera.

Regarding the apartment: windows were closed but she doesn’t know if they were locked. Veranda window closed but not locked, curtains closed. The second window in the living room was probably closed, she did not touch it and does not know if the blinds were closed. The kitchen window was probably closed but with the blinds open as there was light in the kitchen.

The window in Madeleine’s room remained closed, but she doesn’t know if it was locked, blinds and curtains drawn. The window remained like this since the first day, night and day. She never opened it. If somebody saw the window blinds in Madeleine’s room open, it was not Kate who opened them, she never saw them open.

The window in Kate’s room was closed and she admits they used the blinds, because Gerry broke them and they were repaired on the Monday; the incident occurred on Sunday.

Before they left she took some precautions: put the medicine inside a bag with a clasp in her room inside the wardrobe or the dresser. These were Calpol (paracetamol) and Nurofen (Ibuprofen), for fevers and pains, both for adults and children (liquid form for children). In this bag there was also a small pair of scissors. In the kitchen were cutting elements used to prepare the meals and which were not put out of sight. During their trips it was normal for them to take these medicines. During these holidays she never gave any medicine to her children, nor did Gerry. She now says that Gerry took medicine for acidity called Losec (omeprozole) which they also possessed.

The interview was stopped at around 8PM for a rest period and food; it was recommenced at 10:00PM.

K says that on the 3rd they left the apartment leaving the children sleeping. Knowing that Madeleine sometimes woke and got up, she did not worry about leaving her alone, because when this happened, and it wasn’t always, it was around 2 ‘ 3 AM at which time they would be back in the apartment.

They left the apartment between 8:30-8:35PM, and headed straight for the Tapas where they arrived 1 minute later maximum. None of the group were at the Tapas because they were usually the first to arrive, but she isn’t sure this was the case every night. There was a couple there who they knew, S and C xxxx who belonged to Gerry’s tennis group. They talked with them for a few moments before sitting down. Meanwhile, while they talked to S and C the rest of their group arrived and sat down at a round table, where they sat every day. Order of arrival: Kate and Gerry, Jane alone, Mathew and Rachel, Russell, and then she thinks David, Fiona and Diane. She makes a sketch of the table and says that both she and Gerry were not facing the apartments. Sketch attached.

Dinner began around 9PM, and she thinks the nine adults were at the table. She ate steak and maybe sardines. Drank white wine and water.

She doesn’t know if anyone took photographs that night, however she thinks that Rachel took photos on one of the nights. Fiona also took some photos but she thinks it was probably another night. She doesn’t know whether Fiona had a camera with her that night. She remembers hearing a comment that night about a camera being forgotten, but she doesn’t know who said this or who the camera belonged to.

Gerry was the first one to check on the children, this was decided on the spot, close to 9-9:05PM. He got up from the table and entered the apartment through the veranda door. He came back to the table after 10 minutes; he implied that the children were asleep. He’d met a tennis friend by the name of Jez, with whom he had a chat. During this check, she thinks that Gerry did not check on the children of any other couple, because it was usual just to check on their own children. She never checked on any other child, other than her two.

At 9:30PM she got up to go and check on her children at the same time as Mathew, who said he was going to check on his daughter Grace in apartment 5B and could check on her children. She hesitated, however he said not to worry he was going anyway.

After less than 10 minutes Mathew returned to the Tapas, saying all was quiet. At that moment she did not ask him if he went inside the apartment, however she assumed he had checked on her children, entering by the veranda door which was closed but not locked.

Aside from Matt, she does not remember if anyone else got up from the table.

At 10PM she got up from the table, as it was her turn after having been replaced by Matt. She entered the apartment by the veranda door which was closed, but as already said, not locked.

At this moment, and because it was so late, 11 PM, the interview was interrupted and will be continued tomorrow morning.

She says nothing further. Reads the statement, finds it OK and signs it together with the Interpreter and Attorney.

The very next day on the 7th September 2007 she was made an arguido and this is her interview of that day:

Kate Marie Healy’s statement 07 Sep 07 @ 11am
Processo vol10 pages 2557-2561

AUTO FOR questioning an ARGUIDO [Defendant]
Date: 2007/09/07 Time: 11:00 AM Place: DIC PORTIMAO.
Officer performing: Paulo Ferreira, Joao Carlos and Ricardo Paiva, Inspectors.


Asked if she wished to respond on the facts that are imputed, she responded:

— That being of British nationality she does not know Portuguese, in its oral and written form, therefore an interpreter is present selected by the defendant from the list provided by the Consulate, Armanda Duarte Salbany Russell, contactable by telephone 282,48#####.

— In this action there is also present the representative of the defendant Dr. Carlos Pinto de Abreu, the CP 9786L

— She comes to the file now as a defendant, it being explained to her the rights and duties that assist her, along with her being subject to the TIR.

— It is put to her the facts about her, she said she does not wish to make statements.

— Asked, on May 03, 2007, at 22:00, when she entered the apartment what she saw and did, where he looked, and what she touched [handled], she did not respond.

— If she looked inside the cupboard of the couple’s bedroom, she said No in response. Shown two photographs of the cupboard of her bedroom, and asked for a description of the contents, she did not respond.

— Asked for what reason the curtain behind the sofa in front of the side window, the photograph of which was shown to her, is moved [disordered], she did not respond. She did not respond to the question if someone [anyone] had passed [had gone; had walked] behind that sofa.
[NOTE: ?Passed? here is a physical movement, not metaphysical as in ‘died’]

— Asked how much time it took for the search that she made in the apartment after the detection of the disappearance of her daughter MADELEINE, she did not respond.

— Asked why she said from the outset that MADELEINE was kidnapped [abducted], she did not respond.

— On the assumption that Madeleine had been kidnapped [abducted], why she left the twins alone at home to go to the Tapas to give [raise] the alarm, yet [while] the supposed kidnapper [abductor] could still be in the apartment, she did not respond. Why she had not asked the twins at that time what had happened to their sister, or why she had not asked them later, she did not respond.

— Questioned when she gave the alarm in the Tapas what she said specifically, what words she used, she did not respond.

— Asked about what happened after giving the alarm at Tapas, she did not respond. Asked [word missing; presumed to be ?se?] if she had any mobile phone, with her at that moment, she did not respond. Asked why she went to warn [inform] her friends instead of shouting from the balcony, she did not respond.

— Asked who contacted the authorities, she did not respond. Asked who participated in the [words missing; presumed to be ?buscas. NAo?] searches, she did not respond. Asked if anyone outside the group knew, in the following moments [at the time], of the disappearance of MADELEINE, she did not respond.

— Asked if any female neighbour offered her assistance after the alarm of the disappearance, she did not respond.

— Asked what the expression “we let her down” means, she did not respond.

— Asked if JANE told her about having seen a man with a child, on that night, she did not respond.

— Asked how the authorities were contacted and that police force was alerted, she did not respond.

— Asked, during the searches already with the police presence [after the police arrived], in what places she went [and] looked for MADELEINE, how and in what way [manner], she did not respond. Asked why the twins did not [word missing; presumed to be ?acordavam?] wake up during this search, or when they went to the floor above, she did not respond.
— Asked whom she telephoned after the facts [events], she did not respond. Asked if she called “Sky News” she did not respond. Asked about the danger of calling the news media alerting them of the abduction, because it could influence the kidnapper [abductor], she did not respond.
— Asked if they requested the presence of a priest, she did not respond.
— Asked what was the manner of divulging the face of MADELEINE, if photographs or other, she did not respond.

— Asked if it is true that during the search she sat on her bed in her bedroom without moving, she did not respond.

— Asked what was her behaviour during that night, she did not respond. And asked if she had managed [been able to] to sleep, she did not respond.

— Asked if before the trip to Portugal she made a comment of [about] a bad feeling [presentiment] or bad omens, she did not respond.
— Asked about the behaviour of MADELEINE she did not respond. Asked if she suffered from any infirmity [illness] or took medication, she did not respond. Asked what was MADELEINE’s relationship with the siblings, friends and school colleagues, she did not respond.

— Asked about her professional life, and in how many hospitals and in which she had worked, she did not respond. Being a doctor, and asked about her speciality, she did not respond. Asked about if she worked in shifts, in emergencies [the emergency section of a hospital] or other services she did not respond. If she worked every day, she did not respond. Asked if at a particular time she stopped working and why, she did not respond.

— Asked whether or not it is true that the twins have difficulty sleeping, that they are restless and that that causes her uneasiness, she did not respond.

— Asked whether or not it is true that at certain times she felt desperate [driven to despair; angered; exasperated] by the attitude of the children and that that left her much disquiet [unease], she did not respond.

— Asked whether or not it is true that in England she was thinking to deliver MADELEINE into the custody [guardianship] of a family member, she did not respond.

— Asked if at home (England) she gave medication to the children and what kind of medication, she did not respond.

— In this ‘auto’ [official document recording an official action] there were shown several films of canine inspections, forensic in character, where can be seen the marking by them of indications of human cadaver smell and blood traces also human, and solely human, as well as the comments of the expert responsible for that inspection activity.

— The viewing ended and after signs of cadaver odour in her bedroom next to the cupboard and behind the sofa against the window of the living room, she said that she can not explain anything more than that already mentioned.

— Also signalled, now by the dog of the detection of human blood behind the sofa mentioned above, she said that she can not explain anything more than that already mentioned.

— Signalled the cadaver odour in the car that they rented about one month after the disappearance, registration 59-DA-27, she said that she can not explain anything more than that already mentioned.

— Signalled the presence of human blood in the trunk of the same vehicle, she said that she can not explain anything more than that already mentioned.
— Confronted with the result of the collection of DNA from MADELEINE, which analysis was carried out by a British laboratory, from behind the sofa and trunk of the vehicle, situations previously described, she said that she can not explain anything more than that already mentioned.

— Asked if she had any responsibility or involvement in the disappearance of her daughter MADELEINE, she did not respond.

— Asked if she is aware that her failure to respond to the questions put in the cause of the investigation, which seeks to know what happened to her daughter, she replied that yes, if the investigation so thinks.

— Asked if she has anything to add, she responded negatively.

— The floor being given to the distinguished advocate, he said he had nothing to say [discuss] or to request.

— At 14H30 this interview was ended.
And nothing more said, this document is read thought to be correct, she ratifies and is going to sign, together with the defence attorney and interpreter.

Nowhere in those interviews, does Kate say about attending to 6 dead bodies prior to going on holiday.

Ann Enbright in an article called Diary in October 2007 stated the following:

In one – completely unverified – account of her interrogation, Kate McCann is said to have responded to the accusation that the cadaver dog had picked up the ‘scent of death’ on her clothes by saying that she had been in contact with six dead patients in the weeks before she came on holiday.

In a CNN Interview with Nancy Grace aired on the 10th September 2007 the following was stated:

GRACE: Speaking of her being a doctor, to Adrian Finighan, CNN correspondent standing by there in Leicestershire, England, reports also surfaced today that she had actually told police during those 11 hours of questioning that she may have had cadaver scent on her because of her duties as a doctor. Has that surfaced?

FINIGHAN: It has, indeed. It`s been reported around here. Now, let`s look at that for a moment. She`s a GP. She works part-time…

GRACE: It doesn`t make sense.

FINIGHAN: Well, she works part-time as a GP, a locum doctor here in this community, in the English midlands. It`s a busy community. It`s quite big. She reckons she came into contact with six dead bodies in the days before they went abroad, in the days before they went to Portugal.

These reports about Kate being in contact with dead bodies were reported by Portuguese media initally, they then grew arms and legs and became fact.  To this day they are still being treated as fact and upon reading the files, you will see that Kate McCann does NOT speak about being in contact with 6 dead bodies.



5 comments on “Six Dead Bodies – Oh no not that again

  1. WHY DID THEY REVEAL THAT MADDIE TOLD THEM SHE AND BROTHER WERE CRYING. obviously it didn’t look good that they still went out, after hearing this. later they said the abductor could have tried to take them on wednesday night

    • I guess they were speaking the truth.  Have you got children?  Sometimes kids say things that make your ears prick up and then they are off doing something and not perturbed at all about what they said.

      Yes Kate and Gerry openly admit they wish they had pushed Madeleine to tell them more, but they didn’t.  

      The twins were over two years old, maybe they couldn’t speak whole sentences but as nothing was said by either of the twins, they put it down to one of the twins had woken them up and they went back to sleep …. no problems.

      My taking it was something of nothing and the McCanns could have been thinking that perhaps that incident was significant.  Perhaps Madeleine and Sean heard something, best to tell the Police.

      Honestly, do you think they would have said anything if they were guilty?  They were being honest and telling the whole truth.

  2. “— Asked whether or not it is true that in England she was thinking to deliver MADELEINE into the custody [guardianship] of a family member, she did not respond.”

    I think it’s when I realised that the non-Calpol issue (and many others) had been completely misunderstood that it dawned on me that the “handing over custody” issue was most likely to be due to the fact that the parents had applied for Ward of Court status. 

    Oh dear.

    • God since those questions came out back in 2008, that one has puzzled me.  I could not think of rhyme or reason why the PJ would think that Kate and Gerry were handing over the guardianship to a family member.

      Now you have solved the puzzle Carana, thank you.

      Of course, the PJ got wind that Madeleine had been made a Ward of Court and Amaral and his cahoots put two and two together and got five, yet again.

      Thank you, it makes perfect sense now.

  3. I can’t remember where there was a discussion about this. It might have been on the Slipping blog some time ago. 

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: