Honestly, this has to be the laugh of the century. The Goncalo Libel Trial, is now being broadcast on big screens in and around Lisbon due to the high numbers of British People attending. Sorry that was a lie, but I suspect that is what it could result in, due to the masses that will descend on Lisbon. Only joking.
People who wish to stand there and hear a trial in Portuguese, not understand a thing and salivate at the prospect that Kate or Gerry McCann taking the stand in this trial.
Well let us look at this statement for a start.
Carolina, have you seen on Twitter, the demand for coach places to get to the court case when it happens? Wow! they recon they’ve got enough Brits wanting to go to fill about 8 coaches!!
So the average coach carries approximately 55-56 people. Then 8 coaches travelling to Lisbon makes 440 – 448 people.
God I do hope they have enough seats in that court otherwise these 440-448 could all be falling out because only a few have managed to get seats in the public gallery. That is providing it is held in open-court and that the press have not taken all the seats and the public gallery is a limited number.
Perhaps the Judge should organise the trial at the nearest Sports Hall or Football stadium to cater for the increasing numbers of Brits that want to go, well according to the people on twitter.
So we have the following:
- Masses of people now telling their employers, I want a holiday in September, don’t know how long for and when
- Coach firms in this economic climate, where every one of them is scrambling for business, willing to have at least one of their coaches on stand-by, maybe more
- Booking the accommodation for all these people
- Arranging Pick Ups for all these people
- A court room that will not be able to hold that amount of people in the public gallery
- And it all being led by @Justice4Maddie, who adores Myra Hindley.
- Of course the expense of and logistics in arranging a 24 hr drive through 3 countries. As you can see from this map and google’s estimate of time
I think the closest @justice4maddie might get to see Portugal could well be seeing the name written on restraining order, especially after tweets like this:
and not forgetting her praise for Myra Hindley
Dream on, the one I might get up early to see (if I can muster the energy, the time and inclination for) is when Tony Bennett is squirming in front of a judge and trying to hold onto his assets.
Well to be perfectly honest, I think once they take away the socks and fake accounts, there might just be enough to fill a 16 seater mini bus, if they are lucky.